Land Use Plan Update
About the Plan
Blue Earth County has partnered with SRF Consulting to update the current Land Use Plan which was adopted in 1998. The Land Use Plan is the guiding document that helps the County grow and develop in a manner that meets the needs of the County and its residents. The plan will serve as a basis for making decisions on future land use regulations and development. A Land Use Plan helps to guide residential and economic growth within the County while also accommodating environmental and agricultural needs. The Blue Earth County Land Use Plan is a county-wide effort that engages residents, business leaders, and other important community partners to help establish a common vision, develop priorities and identify the necessary steps that will help ensure the County reaches its full potential in years to come.
- February 2018 Revised Schedule
- Survey Results
- Presentation from April 18 - Public Information Meeting
- Presentation from May 4 - Lake Crystal Regional Focus Group Meeting
- Presentation from May 11 - Eagle Lake Regional Focus Group Meeting
- Presentation from May 30 - Mapleton Regional Focus Group Meeting
- Presentation from June 8 - Amboy Regional Focus Group Meeting
- Presentation on Public Involvement Opportunities and Data Collection
Project Updates and Alerts
You can sign up for email or text message alerts for meetings and project updates by subscribing to "Land Use Plan Alerts" in the Notify Me section of this website.
Public and Regional Meeting
One of the most important components to any Land Use Plan update are the public meetings. Public participation and input is vital to ensure the updated plan reflects the needs of our residents. We encourage all residents of Blue Earth County to attend both of the Public Meetings as well as the Regional Focus Meeting for your area. Your feedback is extremely valuable to the process.
Specific dates, times, and locations of all of the future meetings have not yet been determined. Please check back to this site for specific information and project updates throughout the course of the project. The following list shows the meetings:
- May 4, 2017 Regional Focus Group Meeting
- Lake Crystal Area Recreation Center
- May 11, 2017 Regional Focus group Meeting
- Eagle Lake - Eagle Lake City Hall
- May 30, 2017 Regional Focus Group Meeting
- Mapleton - Cafeteria of the Maple River Senior High School
- June 8, 2017 Regional Focus Group Meeting
- Amboy- Snowbird's Meeting Hall
- March 1, 2018 Public Information Meeting
- Good Thunder City Hall - 130 S. Ewing St, Good Thunder.
Study Review Committee
During the initial phase of this process County Planning staff worked with SRF to identify potential Study Review Committee (SRC) members. The SRC is a group of 10-12 individuals that represent various agencies or interest groups within Blue Earth County. The main goal of the SRC is to bring attention to any current issues or future concerns that affect their respective agencies or groups. In addition, all SRC members are tasked with reviewing all materials prior to public release, participate in four scheduled committee meetings, help guide the development of the Community Survey and the Land Use Plan. Most importantly, the SRC will be advocates for the pubic and the overall process.