Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility
HHW Facility Closing for the Season The Facility will close for the 2017 season the end of October. The remaining hours are on Tuesday, October 31st, from noon to 6 PM. The Facility will reopen in April 2018. If you have to store your household hazardous waste until it reopens in 2018, please follow these simple steps to safely store your items over the winter.
- Keep products away from heat sources, such as furnaces, as many release dangerous gases if they catch fire.
- Do not store products where they can freeze.
- Keep products in the original containers, with labels attached.
- Do not mix products.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
About the ProgramThe Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) program operates with a permit from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. It is permitted to accept wastes from households only, located in Blue Earth, Nicollet and Le Sueur Counties, not from businesses, non-profits or institutions.
- Products should be in their original containers, and kept separate
- All products should be identified
- Products should not be kept in hot cars in the sun
- Products should not be frozen
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located at:
651 Summit Avenue
Mankato, MN 56001
- April through October (2018 HHW Calendar)
- Tuesdays - Noon to 6:00 pm
- Second Saturday of each month - 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
- November through March - Closed
Here is a partial listing of products accepted at the HHW facility:
|> Aerosol cans||> Furniture polishes|
|> Aluminum cleaners||> Household cleaners|
|> Ammonia-based cleaners||> Metal polish with solvents|
|> Bug/insect sprays||> Oven cleaners|
|> Cooking oil||> Paints|
|> Degreasers||> Window cleaners|
|> Floor care products|
|> Adhesives||> Kerosene|
|> Antifreeze||> Mineral spirits|
|> Battery acids||> Motor oil|
|> Car waxes||> Oil filters|
|> Caulking compounds||> Paint thinners|
|> Charcoal lighter fluid||> Roofing tars|
|> Diesel fuel||> Solvents|
|> Fuel oils||> Turpentine|
|> Gasoline||> Vehicle batteries|
|> Glues||> Wood preservatives|
|> Artists' paints & mediums||> Lighter fluids|
|> Button batteries||> Moth balls|
|> Decorative light strings||> Photographic chemicals|
|> Dry cleaning solvents||> Propane tanks (up to 20 lbs. or less)|
|> Extension cords||> Rat poisons|
|> Farm pesticides||> Rechargeable batteries|
|> Fertilizers||> Swimming pool acids|
|> Fiberglass epoxies||> Thermometers (Mercury)|
|> Fire extinguishers||> Thermostats|
|> Fluorescent bulbs||> Weed killers|
|> Lawn / garden products|
For more information, call (507) 304-4242.